Sunday, July 24, 2011

Our Trip to San Antonio

 We are waiting for the "Airman's Run". This is the first time we got to see Warren in person, but couldn't talk to him yet. Before the "Coin" Ceremony, we waited on the bleachers and the Honor Graduates were lined up behind us. I was looking for a spot to change Nathan's diaper and happened to walk in front of them. Warren spotted us before we saw him. 
 So all the trainees are issued the same glasses while at BMT. The trainees call them BCG's (birth control glasses). ;) When Caleb saw Warren, his comment was, "that's Dad? He looks ridiculous". I had to laugh. But it was SO fun to see him.
 Warren was awarded the title "honor grad". It is a huge deal. Only the top 10% receive this. There were 700 some graduates, and only 60 some received this. I was very proud to say the least. Not surprised, just happy for him. He really wanted this, but didn't think it would happen.
 I told my kids that I get the first hug. Isn't that so selfish of me. :)

 Nathan is not in this picture, because I didn't want to fight the crowds to get to Warren with him. So he was with Grandpa in the bleachers waiting to see Daddy when we made our way back there.

 During the Parade on Friday. Warren was an element leader, so it was very easy to find him. He was always in the front. :)

 On the bus to go visit Daddy's living quarters.
 We ate lunch at a Brazilian restaurant by the Riverwalk. They served Warren a complimentary dessert for his BMT completion. It was actually REALLY good. I like cheesecake, but this has to be the best cheesecake I have had. :)
 We took the boat ride on the Riverwalk. They had great discounts for the BMT graduates. It was really pretty. Jacob couldn't get enough of his Dad this weekend. He was attached to Warren somehow the whole time we were there. :)
 We "Remembered the Alamo" while in San Antonio. Wished we had longer, but poor Caleb got too dehydrated and sick. So we needed to get back to our cool hotel room.

This was our final family picture before we had to say our good-bye's again. It was hard to go our separate ways, but I had peace knowing I could talk to him a whole lot more.

4 comments:

  1. Aw, I love this post! In short, Warren's awesome and no, you're not selfish to get the first hug. :) And I loved Caleb's comment about the ridiculous glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was great. Love the family pictures. Warren looks great! Proud to be an AMerican. (i'm listening to the mo tab pioneer/patriotic broadcast right now too!

    amie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So awesome! What a great post! I loved that you got the first hug! You deserved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Has anyone seen Warren? Where'dya go, Bro? ;) Congratulations to Warren, Marsha, and the kids!

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete

Here are my thoughts.